You are here
TIME & LOCATION
Time: Wednesday May 26, 2021 8:45AM - 11:00AM PST
Meeting Platform: Gatherly (The meeting link will be emailed to you closer to the date.)
ABOUT THE EVENT
Welcome to our first joint conference co-hosted by the Treesearch of Sweden, the FinnCERES of Finland and the BioProducts Institute of Canada! The event will showcase the cutting-edge research activities by the world class researchers from the three flagship institutions.
The event will take place on Gatherly, a virtual conference platform where you can walk around in virtual rooms using your avatar and connect with other participants you find for an instant video chat. Aren't you excited to try that out and mingle with fellow researchers in avatar? Seating is limited and the registration will close on May 16th. Register today to save your spot!
The conference is open to those who are associated with any of the three organizations. All the researchers including PhD students and postdocs are encouraged to submit their abstracts for presenting their research in the parallel sessions. Abstracts can be submitted via the registration form in the below link. The deadline for the submission is May 1st.
- 8:45AM - 9:00AM Coffee & Mingle on Gatherly
- 9:00AM - 9:10AM Welcome & Introduction
- 9:10AM - 9:30AM Keynote Speaker - Dr. Jack Saddler, Professor, UBC
- 9:30AM - 11:00AM Scientific Presentations - Parallel Sessions with 4 Preliminary Topics
- Biorefineries and Processing Challenges
- Clean, Climate, Air and Water
- Carbon Footprints and Future plastics
- Functionalized Wood and Energy Applications
- 11:00AM - 11:15AM Closing
- 11:15AM - 12:00PM Coffee & Mingle on Gatherly
Note that there is a preceding session to this that will be held earlier at 1AM PST. Your registration will be good for both sessions. The program details can be found in the below link. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions. Thank you.