You are here
DATE & TIME
December 2nd, Thursday | 2pm-3pm PST
On Zoom : Please register to access the meeting link.
ABOUT THE EVENT
Embedding Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Indigeneity (EDI.I) in the BPI Research Program
Calling all BPI Faculty, Researchers and Students! You are invited to participate in a virtual one-hour session that will motivate and equip you to embed EDI.I in all facets of your research – design, materials and tools, team and lab composition, and research and lab culture. This session will provide you an opportunity to reflect on your own identity, positionality and bias, apply EDI.I fundamentals to the STEM context, and create a more inclusive research and lab environment. The session will include a mix of information and resource sharing and small group discussions.
For those that missed the Fundamentals of Anti-Oppression Workshop hosted by APSC in October 2021, it is recommended you read through this presentation prior to this event.
The below agenda is tentative and subject to change.
- 2:00pm - 2:05pm Intro by Heather Trajano
- 2:05pm - 2:35pm Keynote Presentations
- Greg Lockwood, Partnership Strategist, Equity & Inclusion Office
- Sheryl Staub-French, Associate Dean, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Dana-Lyn Mackenzie, Senior Manager, EDI & Indigenity
- 2:35pm - 2:55pm Breakout Room Group Exercise
- 2:55pm - 3:00pm Closing