Accelerating Technology Readiness(ATR) Program
Call for Innovations/Technologies
Deadline: January 06, 2023
Are you working on a break-through innovation that could be brought to the market? Ready to accelerate the impact with your technology? If you’re an innovator or entrepreneur this program is for you!
BPI’s ATR is a new industry-focused program to support the development of biobased innovations/technologies along the pathway towards impact/commercialization. This first program call is strategically designed for BioProducts Institute researchers and best of all it is free with no strings attached! It leverages a combination of Innovation UBC team (UILO + Innovation + e@UBC + Knowledge Exchange) and external PacifiCan funded consultants as well as Applied Science’s Master of Engineering Leadership Sustainable Process Engineering students to support translating your research innovation into scalable engineering processes. The program is open to BPI innovation/technologies at all TRL levels. The program provides:
- A structured stage and gate process, providing hands on support on the pathway towards impact with actionable steps to de-risk both the technology and market acceptance.
- Project Specific Advisory of industry experts/consultants/BPI experts to work closely with you to de-risked and improve the scalability of your technology/investable IP for a targeted customer. Included is the perspective of implementation and designed to manufacture and the associated estimation of capital costs and operating costs to calculate ROI.
- Where available, access to pre-pilot scale equipment and expertise within BPI network
- Connection with other innovators, technology entrepreneurs and early-stage funding contacts within BPI ATR as well as UBC’s innovation ecosystem.
Maybe stage of innovation IP, has it been disclosed to UILO, has UILO filed provisional, etc.
How to Apply:
Please provide the following information in a single document in this order:
- Lead applicant’s information (name, contact information, brief CV/LinkedIn page) and as appropriate brief CV/LinkedIn page of other team members (e.g., supervisor, co-researchers etc.), partners, collaborators.
- Innovation/technology summary (describe problem(s) your project aims to solve, the proposed solutions and underlying technology, highlight novel features, UILO IP disclosure?), targeted/potential customer applications/impact (who will use it, how do they use it), anticipated benefits (reference supporting experimental data as appropriate). Max 2-3 pages.
- Short literature review.
- Known related/relevant IP and patent considerations (e.g., https://patents.google.com/advanced).
- If available, anticipated high level block flow diagram to provide an overview of the production process.
Please feel free to include any other relevant supporting documents. Please submit this information in PDF format and upload using the below application form. Name the pdf file with the Lead applicant’s full name.
Call Review feedback:
Many factors influence the likelihood of success along the pathway towards impact/commercialization. Where possible, the review team will look to provide each submitted project with insights on some of these potential technical/process and market/business considerations/risks as well as recommendations on possible next step towards “investor-ready”.
ATR Project Selection & Call Timeline:
BPI ATR project selection will be based on such factors as innovation/technology relative to available resources, potential for impact, researcher/team commitment etc. We encourage bioproducts innovation/technologies at any stage to apply so if not part of this call we can support towards future calls.
Call for innovations close January 06, 2023.
Project feedback and selection by January 20th, 2023.
We look forward to receiving your application and if any questions or inquires please reach out to email email@example.com
- BPI ATR Program Team -