The BioProducts Institute (BPI) is committed to upholding the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion mandate of the UBC. As a result we are excited to announce the inaugural BPI- Rising Star Research Awards aimed at encouraging women and Indigenous members of the UBC community to engage in bioproducts research.
Award Details and Criteria Requirements
A total of five awards are offered to women and Indigenous students and postdoctoral scholars from all science and engineering disciplines at UBC.
- Two BPI Rising Star Undergraduate Awards valued at $1,000
- Two BPI Rising Star Graduate Awards valued at $1,500
- One BPI Rising Star Postdoctoral Award valued at $5,000
Eligibility and Evaluation Criteria
Applications are open to women and Indigenous students and postdoctoral scholars in all science and engineering disciplines at UBC. Canadian residency or citizenship is not required. NSERC evaluation criteria for the Undergraduate, Graduate, and Postdoctoral awards will be used to determine the recipients.
- USRA (http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/UG-PC/USRA-BRPC_eng.asp)
- CGSM (http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/students-Etudiants/PG-CS/CGSM-BESCM_eng.asp)
- Postdoctoral fellowship program (http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/_doc/Students-Etudiants/SelectionCommitteeGuide_e.pdf) – refer Appendix A
All applications must include:
- Application Form
- Self-nomination letter, including your thoughts on bioproducts and how you think they could transform your community or society (maximum 1 page)
- CV (maximum 2 pages)
- Your academic transcripts from current and previous degree (please provide original transcripts)
Send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 4:00 pm November 23rd